Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Florally Yours, Sincerely Your Peplum Pink

Front, Side and Back View of Dress


     

         So this dress I wanted to use up some of this pink fabric I found on sale (remnants) and this great floral fabric I had stashed away. The floral I was actually still trying to see how they did it since the design isn't printed on but rather its in the thread or sort of how home spun fabrics are with plaid which I thought was awesome! I also wonder if this fabric was painted too but onto the dress!

        This dress is a one shoulder strap with a sweetheart neckline (flattering for most if not all necklines) with a peplum skirt. Its sweetheart has three pleats in the center and separate side pieces as well as a lining. The back of the dress bodice isn't closed with zippers but, hook and eyes. The middle portion of the dress or Midrift is a single piece that I had to add onto myself since the original pattern of the dress was an a-line skirt. The skirt consist of a waist band and as a closure I did a center zipper. The peplum I didn't follow to their construction instruction (mainly since I almost forgot about it) but, did my way instead which was fold it on three sides and then stitch it over. It seems to work fine and I have also been able to blend it into the top stitching design of the skirt half of the dress. The top stitching is different also since I didn't just top stitch on each side but, rather break it up, center seam of the skirt has one top stitch and the side pieces each have two on one side. The skirt area since the skirt was made to sit originally a bit lower I had to bring up and because of that I also had to add darts to it but, they are just in the back so no worries.

Over all this dress for me I feel like came out better than I expected. I do wish I could do better on the zipper area and that area but, overall I love the way this came out since what I had to work with. The funny part was I was actually running out of fabric. The saved pieces of it don't even equal anything I can make out of it so dodged a bullet there so to speak. What are your thoughts about the dress? I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment