Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pleat Down the Center (Butterick B5450)

Frontal and Side view of the Garment

Pleat, Trim and Edge Stitching/ Top Stitching on Garment

          This dress I made for my friend since I have been wanting a real life model instead of a dress form. This dress, I wanted to be work appropriate and so the neck line isn't as low as the other necklines i've made. Its a round neck I believe (correct me if I'm wrong since I forgot).

          The dress is made from 100% cotton and the pockets and trim are a bit different. I used ribbon I found in Joanns and used it also on the pockets to add/tie the look together and extend the pocket's size all together. The zipper is different than usual since I've never done it before, a side zipper with lining and this was my first time with working with a zipper and lining. I treated it and made it a center zipper. Oh I forgot to add, I know that some people don't like patch pockets since things can fall out so I added velcro for quick open and close/ not having your things fall out. The back of the dress, I top stitched the center seam on both sides and the lining is red fabric as well as I top stitched so there wouldn't be that annoying issue of a weird fabric pulling that some garments do when it has lining. The top of the garment if your wondering also has pleats on the the front and back of the bodice piece and the skirt piece has darts on both the front and back also.

          Since this is a actual live model and if you guys are wondering about the accessories, the necklaces are from Lord and Taylor and a consignment shop. The earrings are handmade that were from her mother.

           Anyway, what do you guys think? I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas for my next project.

Oh also if your wondering the pattern piece I used for this, it was Butterick B5450 and I altered it slightly around the pleat and the addition of pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment