Saturday, April 1, 2017

Blue Satin



This is one of my first dresses I made from fully pattern drafting and woo was it a killer mainly since I haven't worked with satin since high school. It was also my first time working with horsehair braid which I was so EXCITED about. its a simple dress with a lapel in the back and a long skirt. Looking at the front wheel in the front picture it looks... Creepy, like she has a pogo stick peg leg almost... But back to the dress, the bodice is fitted with a side zipper and is fully lined, the back other than the lapel is an open back as you can see and the skirt is broken up into 6 panels. I added a slit in the center front since I wanted to also do something to the front since it was to conservative for my taste. I wanted to add feathers too and or fringe but... I've been told less is more and so have been trying to dial back my designs at this point. 

Completed March 31, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment