Monday, March 5, 2012

Burda Pattern 7232 (start)

Burda Young Pattern: 7232

Pieces cut out
 
   
















So this is the beginning of the Burda Pattern # 7232. I've gotta say as my first time working with Burda, I am not used to the lay out and I think its heck of annoying too. When I looked on the back originally for the yards of fabric needed, its a good thing I went with my own instinct. I needed about 4 or 5 yards instead of the 2 yards it suggested. Maybe its because I didn't follow their pattern lay out either but, I like sewing my way but, the fabric was a red tag sale fabric so it was pretty cheap. The pattern calls for both button and zipper closure and my sister liked the back as did I. One thing that I'm doing to alter this however is changing the neckline from a round neck (correct me if I'm wrong) to a V-neckline. Also I'm doing the zipper closure a bit different since I don't own any pinking sheers or a serger so my seams are finished a domestic way. Anyway I haven't finished all my pinning as it also calls for interfacing so I've gotta cut out the interfacing tomorrow and finally start sewing. I'm excited to see how this turns out and I can't wait to show the blog community as well.

(If any of you guys didn't know, a serge is one of the most common finishes on mass produced garments. Its what you see on seams like the arm hole.)

On a side note, I don't know if any of you guys listen to music while you sew but I do and this song really is pretty catchy and I like the momentum is gives you. Video down below. Its Korean pop music for those of you who are wondering (K-pop).
 
Group: Jewlery
Song Title: Everybody Shh!

                                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment